Pages

Saturday, May 1

an education on "an education"


Ah, aren't these pictures stunning?? I saw this movie last weekend with hardly any knowledge of what it was about, a part from the main controversy that it told the story of an affair between a young girl and an older man. But contrary to what one may suppose, this movie was very clean and beautiful.  It takes place in 1960's Britain, where a bright young school girl is swept up in love affair with a charming and worldly older man, and chronicles the choices she now must face regarding her future and her heart. 

Like I said, I was very impressed with the clean content; although the subject matter is obviously adult, you don't see anything you don't want to see, and you don't hear anything you don't want to hear, which is very refreshing! And I love Carey Mulligan in this; she is one to keep an eye on, she may be one of my new favorites!

Visually, this was one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen-- the costumes, oh my goodness. Can I please have every single outfit in this film? As I was watching, I felt like I had traveled back in time! These pictures are but a mere little sampling of the gorgeous aesthetics that this movie has to offer.

Ok, now I feel like movie reviewer. But I just had to share these beautiful pictures! Have a great night!




10 comments:

  1. I really want to see this film. Your review helped me hahaha. I belong in the 60's, i was definitely born in the wrong decade. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was a beautiful movie. I loved all the fashion in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie! It was so visually stunning to watch, I definitely want to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this review, I have now added this movie to my netflix :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely ADORED this movie
    I loved the color and the wardrobe and the music; it was all so perfect together

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really glad you enjoyed the movie. I haven't heard about it, but I looked it up after I read your post and saw that Nick Hornby wrote the screenplay. He happens to be one of my favorite writers, so now I must see it!

    www.teenvegetariansoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totally agree! It was gorgeous! I love Nick Hornby so that's why I originally saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore, ADORE, this movie! I saw this three times in theatres haha. I can't get enough of Carey and Peter, and Alfred Molina is hilarious! All around amazing film. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aahh I saw this a couple weeks ago and I loved it! The costumes are amazing!!! My favorite part is the ending. I see this as one of my new go-to movies for inspiration because of the design/costume/era.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there,

    Just to let you know that I've read a few of your posts, and I'm definitely liking your blog! It's insightful, cute, illuminating and lovely. So, I've just added myself as a follower and in addition I've added you to my list of Beautiful and Inspiring Blogroll.

    p.s. I enjoyed this film too and had no idea what it was about beforehand. I agree with you about Carey Mulligan. She is definitely a young actress to watch out for in the future.

    I look forward to reading more posts.

    Cheers!

    Rambles with Reese

    ReplyDelete

if you want to, you can say a little hello here. i wouldn't mind it at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails