Pages

Tuesday, April 6

i have a reason to worship

While Easter sunday had come and gone, the reality that Jesus rose again and is ALIVE is a truth to celebrate every day!
Lately I have been listening to the Hillsong's "Desert Song" and want to share the lyrics with you...


This is my prayer in the desert

when all that's within me feels dry

this is my prayer in my hunger in need

My God is the God who provides


This is my prayer in the battle

when triumph is still on its way

I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ

so firm on His promise I'll stand


I will bring praise, I will bring praise

No weapon formed against me shall remain

I will rejoice, I will declare

God is my victory and He is here!


Easter is not so much about God dying for us, but raising up again in triumph, keeping His PROMISE to us. He promised we would not be left alone, He promised He would raise from the dead, and be with us always!

[John 14:13-18]"And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. If you love Me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans, I will come to you."

If Jesus could overcome death, what can He not do? He kept His promise to be with us always; what promise will He not keep? He promises to take care of us, to make our paths straight, to provide -- there is no reason to believe that God is incapable of doing these things, or that He will not. However, I am more often than not guilty of such doubt -- I let my flesh and disbelief cloud the truth that has been made so clear. I worry about where my life is going, what future lays in store for me. I let worldly judgment systems influence me to the point where I find dissatisfaction in every facet of my being. I take up my life in my own hands because I am under the delusion 80% of the time that I can do things better than God can [looniest thought process of all time]. However, there are those moments when your heart is touched, moved by the Spirit which God has given us, and the truth sets in, revealing the grandeur of what God has been telling us all along. And you remember that you are not alone, and God has made a promise to you. He's made a promise to me, and the promise of God is a mighty, mighty thing!

Here is the rest of that song...

All of my life, in every season

You are still God

I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship!

God's promise and presence here with is is certainly a reason to give praise and celebrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you want to, you can say a little hello here. i wouldn't mind it at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails