Pages

Wednesday, April 7

hope is the thing with feathers

I am definitely at the point where I just cannot wait for summer break to be here! I don't want to wish my life away..I mean, that's like 5 weeks I'm wanting to be done. But SERIOUSLY! Anyways, today I got to have a fun fieldtrip with my Deaf Issues and Aspects class...I think that's what it's called. (See? I need a break). But we got to have a tour of the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in downtown Phoenix. And can I just say, I can't believe I get to go to school for this stuff -- as much as I might complain or wish for summer break, I really am thankful for the things I get to learn everyday.

So anyways, I just wanted to share some more crafting! Below I have showing two more wallets I've painted (sorry about the lousy photos, but I was feeling way too lazy to edit them. so there you go).

These are super easy to make, if interested. Go to walgreens or savers or good will or something, and buy a cheap wallet; it doesn't even have to be cute 'cause you'll make it so :] And then I just use acryllic paints, which can be found reasonably cheap as well at any art/craft store. Then -- decorate as you wish! Find some inspiration. Do anything! I like to add some little jewels, stick 'em on with super glue. Lastly, I use some mod podge over it all to keep the paint from chipping when you throw it in your purse and drop and stuff like I do. And then, voila! You've got yourself a brand new one-of-a-kind accessory!

This first one, I painted for a friend of mine. On the left, a bird (if you couldn't tell), and on the right, a excerpt from Emily Dickinson's poem, "Hope."
Hope is the thing with feathers,
that perches in the soul
And sings the tune--without the words
And never stops at all





And this next little number is one I made for meeeee.
It is inspired by one of my favorites, ee cummings. On the top, it reads...
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

...and on the bottom, upside down (once again, I apologize for my laziness), it reads..
(here is the root of the root
and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky
of a tree called life;
which grows higher and higher than the soul can hope
or the mind can hide)






Isn't he just fabulous?? I really like him.
Also fabulous are The Avett Brothers, whom I suggest you go listen to right now! Ok, that's all.

2 comments:

  1. i love you love you love you. thank you for sharing your heart with the world. :) it is quite a lovely heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, I LOVE the wallets you make!! Thanks again for the beautiful one you made me :-) I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

if you want to, you can say a little hello here. i wouldn't mind it at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails