Pages

Thursday, April 22

inquiring minds may want to know..

To my dear, faithful, followers (i.e. my wonderful friends!), you may or may not have noticed a little bit of a name change to my blog...

The previous title, "cacaoethes scribendi," has now become "hope is the thing with feathers.." There are a few  reasons for this; one being, I was never actually positive on how to pronounce that name, which was kind of awkward whenever people asked what it was...

Another reason being I have wanted to think of something more whimsical and me for quite some time, and thirdly, I LOVE Emily Dickinson, and this is one of lines from one of her wonderful poems that I adore (you've probably seen me share it a thousand times). So that's that! 

Just in case you were wondering :]

I'll leave you with this pretty little number by ee cummings because it's nice, and also in honor of this spring time earth day:

when faces called flowers float out of the ground 
when faces called flowers float out of the ground
and breathing is wishing and wishing is having-
but keeping is downward and doubting and never
-it's april(yes,april;my darling)it's spring!
yes the pretty birds frolic as spry as can fly
yes the little fish gambol as glad as can be
(yes the mountains are dancing together)


when every leaf opens without any sound
and wishing is having and having is giving-
but keeping is doting and nothing and nonsense
-alive;we're alive,dear:it's(kiss me now)spring!
now the pretty birds hover so she and so he
now the little fish quiver so you and so i
(now the mountains are dancing, the mountains)


when more than was lost has been found has been found
and having is giving and giving is living-
but keeping is darkness and winter and cringing
-it's spring(all our night becomes day)o,it's spring!
all the pretty birds dive to the heart of the sky
all the little fish climb through the mind of the sea
(all the mountains are dancing;are dancing) 


4 comments:

  1. oh, beautiful.
    i adore e.e cummings, and your new blog name is wonderful. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a beautiful blog, thanks for entering in my comp!

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello fellow blogger**thanks for the add, your blog is so lovely
    much love angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are still things that are left unanswered that we are in a situation of Inquiring Minds Wants To Know

    ReplyDelete

if you want to, you can say a little hello here. i wouldn't mind it at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails