Pages

Friday, January 22

school pt. II, plus a few other things.


So, I wrote on my first day of school, anticipating the new semester, with my word to write a follow up. So, my first week is over, having passed rather uneventfully. I don't really know what to think of my classes yes, my teachers seem nice, and I didn't even get lost once. So, so far so good. Other than that, I don't have much to say. It looks like time will tell on this one!

In other news, I have been doing a lot of reflecting on myself, including my goals for this year. I prefer not to use the term "new year resolutions," but rather, "The things I will strive for in the year 2010!" or something like that! It's still January, so I figure it's not too late to state my goals...here are my thoughts..

1. My beautiful friend Emily was part inspiration for this one; she had made a commitment a bit ago to only thrift store shop, and since I am a huge fan of thrift shopping myself, and enjoy a great bargain buy, (and also since I am broke), I have also decided to take on this goal for the new year! As challenging as it may seem, it is a goal that I am very excited to take on. Most of my favorite items have come from thrift stores/garage sales, etc. Plus, it is an amazing way to save money AND find unique and fun things!

2. Writing. One of the purposes of this blog was to put into motion the creative gears that turn in my mind. However, this blog has been a well kept secret, thus keeping it from being read by others. Now, this is a big statement for me to say -- I sometimes have a hard time acknowledging any type of talents I harbor -- but it's not about me, it's about what God has blessed me with, and I believe He blessed me with a gift for writing. But, I have kept this gift, and love, to myself for far too long. I don't know what God wants to do with it, but He gave it to me, and it is not fair for me to hide it instead of using it for His glory! So, this is another goal for me this year, to explore this avenue of the written word and what I can do with it.

3. Accept myself just the way God made me. Too much of my life has been taken over by my insecurities that include both my inner and physical self. I am far too negatively critical of myself, and it gets to the point where it can control my complete mood and day, which is just ridiculous sometimes. I compare myself far too often with others, especially my friends, and because of this there is daily something I find to complain about. But who am I to criticize what God has created? If He wanted me to look or be different than I am, He would have made that way in the first place. Realistically, I will never be 5'6". I will not be skinny. I will not have thick, luscious hair. My nose won't naturally shrink. And there are certain talents and abilities I just will never, and am not meant, to acquire. It just won't happen. But I am me, and God thinks I am beautiful, and He treasures me, and I am loved.

This is just a beginning, I am in the process of making a list of 100 things to do in 2010, including goals both big and small. But for now, I think these are good to share! Well, I should be off -- I am in working on ANOTHER goal of mine...for finish crocheting my blanket which feels as though will never be done with! So close, and so far at the same time...When I am done, it will be a cause for celebration, I will have to post pictures to document that event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you want to, you can say a little hello here. i wouldn't mind it at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails