Pages

Saturday, December 26

it's the most wonderful time of the year


Here it is, the evening after Christmas -- but to me, Christmas is not over. In fact, in my world, Christmas extends all the way to the end of December. Actually, really through atleast January 1st. Sometimes, longer if I feel like it -- on those occassions when I am finding it particularly hard to let go of. However, I still seem to have a dizzying time trying to wrap my mind around the fact that December 25 has come and gone yet again. I spend the entire year looking forward to this wondrous season, and it speeds by in a blink. A part of me will feel morose soon enough, but I am so thankful for the glorious season it has been thus far. Actually, I have to say that this was one of my favorite Christmasses. And really, that is considering a lot...this year was the second after which my Grammy died, one of the few remaining relatives my family had left/was on speaking terms with, and also with whom we shared every major occasion. Furthermore, there was preceding stress in my family due to financial circumstances, both my parents' and my own. Besides this, there were no major events that took place to mark this year as exceptional; no expectations, no big plans. However, I think my heart, my soul, really embraced the true meaning of Christmas. I didn't care about presents; in fact, I had no idea what I would receive because I did not ask for anything. This year, I enjoyed more than I ever have before giving to others -- I handmade most of the presents I gave, and therefore "weaved in extra love." But my understanding stemmed further than gifts -- I was overwhelmed with excitement about the lifechanging and awestriking fact that our Lord left His perfect place in Heaven and humbly took on the form of a human baby, a child whose living depended on the care of His earthly parents. Our God, the King of Kings, was born on this earth, grew and lived, taught, loved, and died for us -- for me. And that is why we celebrate this holiday. Apart from my zeal for Christmas lights, carols, and hot chocolate (which I still totally, fully celebrated and appreciated), I felt a different kind of peace and joy this season. I enjoyed my beautiful family, and the precious time we spent together. I am so GRATEFUL for all that I have been blessed with!

"And the angel of the Lord said to them, 'Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord!'" Luke 2:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you want to, you can say a little hello here. i wouldn't mind it at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails