Pages

Saturday, March 20

Spring is like a perhaps hand

Welcome, Spring! Hello sunshine. 

Spring is like a perhaps hand
(which comes caref
ully
out of Nowhere)arranging
a window,into which people look(while
people stare
arranging and changing placing
carefully there a strange
thing and a known thing here)and

changing everything carefully

spring is like a perhaps
Hand in a window
(carefully to
and fro moving New and
Old things,while
people stare carefully

moving a perhaps
fraction of flower here placing
an inch of air there)and

without breaking anything.


ee cummings


Little blog, I am so sorry for my neglect. It is now spring and I can no longer ignore you. My time has been occupied otherwise, the biggest occasion being my trip to Washington with my lovely friend, Elise. This was my first trip to this beautiful state, and from first glance outside the airplane window I fell in love with what perhaps may now be my favorite place! From the grand, green forests to the bustling liveliness of Seattle, this place is abounding in aesthetic pleasure that swept me off my feet..




Now that I am back in phoenix, I am having to find ways to lift my spirits after leaving such a wonderful place. Lucky for me, spring break followed and I have filled it with rest, hiking, relaxation, friends, and more lounging. On this first official day of Spring, and the last weekend of break, I found it fitting to make the most of it. So what better way of diverting my attentions than a HARRY POTTER MARATHON?!





Meanwhile, why not pick up where I left off on a little crafting? This wallet was inspired by John Keats and the movie and the book it is based on, Bright Star. Sometimes I forget [crazy!] how much joy I find in picking up a paintbrush and transforming something, whether it be a blank canvas or a a tacky $3 purple wallet. Also, I felt that this just YELLED Spring-time!
On the top is an excerpt from Keats' poem La Belle Dame sans Merci. A Ballad:

I see a lady in the meads,
Full beautiful - a faery's child,
Her hair was long, her foot was light,
And her eyes were wild.


And second down, a quote from one of Keats' letters to his love, Fanny Brawne:

"I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days..."





Last thought for now: the project I plan to take on next. With my crocheted afghan finally and happily finished, my fingers are itching to pick up the hook again and weave together another snuggly-warm creation. I think it would be fun to make afghan No. 2 -- 2010 edition! Granny squares are what I have in mind, and they sure do look cozy :] Wish me luck!



Well, I think that's enough rambling for now. I needed a little writing warm-up after my somewhat lengthy absence from the blogging world. I do hope you have a blessed day, and enjoy this beautiful season in which God does some blooming artistry of His own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you want to, you can say a little hello here. i wouldn't mind it at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails